Rising Phoenix Charitable Foundation focuses on the needs of women, children and animals. Our anchor charity focuses on providing a safe haven for woman and children, which allows them to bring their animals with them to the shelter.
Did you know?
70% of all women being abused whether financially, emotionally, sexually or physically will remain in the abusive situation or will return to an abusive situation out of the threat of what will happen to the family pet if left behind with an abuser.
Domestic Violence Statistics:
- Every 9 seconds in the U.S. a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- Around the world, at least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. Most often, the abuser is a member of her own family.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Studies suggest that up to 10 million children witness some form of domestic violence annually.
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.
- Every day in the U.S., more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
- Ninety-two percent of women surveyed listed reducing domestic violence and sexual assault as their top concern.
- Domestic violence victims lose nearly 8 million days of paid work per year in the U.S. alone—the equivalent of 32,000 full-time jobs.
- Based on reports from 10 countries, between 55 percent and 95 percent of women who had been physically abused by their partners had never contacted non-governmental organizations, shelters, or the police for help.
- Men, who as children witnessed their parents’ domestic violence, were twice as likely to abuse their own wives than sons of non-violent parents.
- The costs of intimate partner violence in the U.S. alone exceed $5.8 billion per year: $4.1 billion are for direct medical and health care services, while productivity losses account for nearly $1.8 billion.